How To Build A Cheese Board
Let’s get in the holiday spirit together, shall we? Pour yourself a glass of wine and join me as I teach you how to build a cheese board perfect for this holiday season. I’ve created a shopping list with different options to choose from so you can get what you’ll need at the store and build your board right along with me. Or feel free to just tune into to the class and takes notes to build your board another time. You may even have some of these items in your pantry already, so be sure and check before you hit the store.
If you’re in the Denver area, Trader Joe’s is the perfect place to get everything on the list. Costco also has a great selection if you’re building a larger board. These days, most grocery stores will have a decent selection of cheeses and meats so get creative with your choices!
Let’s talk about the basic makings of a cheese board
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A board or platter. I like to use a giant wooden cutting board, a big platter or silver tray
- A few small bowls, dishes or cups for things like olives, jam and honey. It will give the board some different height too
- Cheese knives and little cocktail forks and spoons
- We obviously need cheese! I like to select a combination of hard cheese (think manchego, cheddar or parmesan), soft cheese (think Brie, goat or blue) and flavored cheese (think herbs, truffles or wine infused)
- An assortment of crackers and bread.
- Fresh and dried fruit.
- Some meats such as salami and prosciutto.
- Honey and jam
- Olives, cornichons, nuts.
- For the prep you’ll need a cutting board, knife and scissors