Italian Tuna Salad
Want to take your tuna sandwiches to the next level? Or do you need a delicious appetizer to serve at your next distanced gathering? I highly recommend trying this Italian tuna salad. I adapted it from Melissa Clark’s recipe. You can make it a sandwich, serve over a bowl of greens dressed with lemon juice and olive oil or as a dip with veggies and crackers. A cold, bubbly glass of Prosecco would make this even better!
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 5-oz cans tuna packed in olive oil
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to serve, optional
Place the shallot, garlic and lemon juice in the food processor and pulse until minced.
Add the tuna, butter, capers, olives and parsley and pulse until almost smooth.
Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil until just combined.
Serve as desired with an extra drizzle of olive oil and red pepper flakes on top for a little heat and enjoy!