If you’re planning on barbecuing this weekend, you’ll need some easy side dishes. This simple coleslaw has the traditional cabbage and carrots, but I added kale and a mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds for extra crunch. As for the dressing, I skipped the mayo in favor of Greek yogurt to keep it light and healthy.
- 1 3/4 pounds white cabbage (or half red half white), shredded
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/3 cup of a mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, dijon, vinegar, syrup salt, pepper and celery seeds and celery salt together until smooth. Stir in the cabbage, kale carrots and seeds until everything is evenly coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to set. Serve cold or at room temp and enjoy!