Spring has sprung and that means Spring vegetables! I love utilizing as many as possible, starting with this asparagus soup. It’s healthy, flavorful and best of all, really easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches asparagus, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock, plus more if soup is too thick
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Goat cheese and croutons for serving
Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat, add leeks and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the asparagus, peas and thyme and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is soft.
Place the soup in a blender, add lemon juice and salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat.
Serve soup topped with goat cheese and croutons and enjoy!