The Ultimate Greek Salad
It was so warm yesterday and it’s staying light later and later each night (yay), which means it was the perfect night for the ultimate Greek salad. I know most recipes contain exact measurements for each ingredient, but when it comes to salads, I find it’s better to just go with your own measurements. Hear me out…we all have different tastes, right? So why should I tell you to use a sprinkling of feta when you’d prefer an entire block? Or what if you like tomatoes, but don’t love them? Just add as many as you want to make this salad your own. Have fun with this, add any vegetables that sound good to you, it’s a great way to clean out your refrigerator.
- Greens of your choice, I used a super greens blend
- Tomatoes, I roasted mine in a pan with olive oil for 5 minutes
- Kalamata olives
- A batch of these crispy chickpeas
- Pine nuts, I lightly toasted mine in a pan on low for a few minutes
- Feta cheese
- This basic vinaigrette with a minced shallot and a big pinch of dried oregano added to it
Toss everything together and enjoy! This might just be the easiest recipe ever!
Try this easy homemade pita to serve along side your salad.